The 5 Things Meme
5 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Recovering from the shock of being promoted to Sergeant.
2. Planning our second trip to the U.S. (we've been 5 times now)
3. Trying to work out how to survive a posting to the most unpopular unit in any law enforcement agency - Internal Affairs!!!
4. Preparing for our 17th wedding anniversary.
5. Discovering how dangerous it can be to become a boss to a friend (who is now a former friend!).
5 things on my to do list today:
1. Do the grocery shopping (just finished it actually - all by myself!!).
2. Plan out how I'm going to explain to a subordinate on Monday that she needs to re-do a coroners file again - for the 6th time!
3. Work out how I'm going to get that officers supervisor to actually get of his arse and help her do the coroners file - he knows it all and can't be asked.....or told!!!
4. Try to motivate myself to clean the house.
5. Spend some time reading for enjoyment.
5 snacks I love:
1. Good quality chocolate.
2. Spicy fruit roll biscuits (pillow biscuits).
3. Iced coffee (to me it's a major food group as well!).
4. Beer (specifically my home brew, dark lagers and ales on tap and porters)- The Egyptians used it as a snack and it was classified as a major food for the Irish navvies in England in the 19th century.
5. Sushi - well it doesn't really classify as a meal!
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Buy a portfolio of properties to generate retirement income.
2. Visit Dr and Mrs Odyssey and other family in the U.S......by boat.
3. Take Mrs. Jolly to all the places we have wanted to visit around the world.
4. Buy my Mum and Dad some suitable housing for their older years - without telling each other so there are no arguments.
5. Send some funds to Sea Shepherd or Greenpeace to finally stop the whaling fleets.
5 places I've lived:
1. Hemmel Hempstead, London, England.
2. Perth, Western Australia.
3. Toodyay, Western Australia.
4. M.S. Statendam.
5. Albany, Western Australia.
5 jobs I've had:
1. Newspaper round.
2. Selling car accessories and parts.
3. Junk mail delivery (to earn enough money to go to Odyssey's wedding).
4. Grano worker - manufacturing concrete products.
5. Rubbish collector, street sweeper, social worker, first aider, marriage guidance counselor, mental health worker, intelligence analyst, dignitary security, revenue collector, problem-solver, child welfare officer and general go-to person all in the one job - I'm a Policeman!!!
5 people I'll tag:
Five people I don't know enough about (or want to know more about).
1. The List.
3. Secret Mummy......if she ever reads this blog!!
4. Sadly....that's all I've got.