Friday, March 28, 2008

Night shift..........

Well....I've just finished my first night shift in Albany....actually the first one in about 20 years....so please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.

I'm astonished at how well I've coped with the 7 days straight of working between 11.00pm and 7.00am........I slept well each day and stayed awake each night without problems.

Night shift brings out the strangest and sometimes the worst in people.....well in our customers anyway. We had people calling '000' to speak to the bailiff or to ask us to make housemates move out (apparently being an annoying housemate is a 'life-threatening' emergency these days!). Sadly we also had an extensive sea search and rescue operation this week involving a Canadian student who was washed off the rocks near a local natural attraction called 'The Gap'.........he hasn't been located since and the weather hasn't been kind. On a lighter note I have found that getting home at sun rise down here presents you with some of the most beautiful natural sights which change constantly........spectacular clouds, fog, and stunning blue ocean on the drive home......it doesn't get much better than that!

Even with the occasional tragic event.......I'm having a ball and really enjoying the 'country policing' environment. The move here has been the right decision ....so far.........and I can't see it changing.

2 comments:

Goose said...

Sweetie and I are so glad it's working out for you both!

Odyssey said...

I've been to the Gap. Went fishing near there. Not a good place to fall off the rocks...

Still, I'm glad to hear you're having fun.