Wednesday, February 01, 2006

There was movement at the station.....

For the word had passed around.........that tenure letters had been distributed (apologies to Banjo Patterson!). For those who understand tenure to mean security............in my line of work it means 'thanks for coming - now sod off somewhere else...!!!'

Most of the staff at my station have been the recipients of the dreaded 'you have reached the end of your tenure' letter. It's the tool of our 'paleolithic' divisional officer who seems to believe that when things are running smoothly - something must need fixing! He's of the past. The very distant past! Unfortunately in a para-military organisation his rank affords him power - rather than his brains! He believes he is an innovator but the rest of us know he is a ill-equipped moron. Pity....he's just screwing up a very successful unit and to be honest I really don't have the energy to fight it. I'm off....I've decided to look for another spot in the agency. I'm quite ambivalent about it so I guess I am better off than many......judging by the panic around the office. Our immediate managers are fairly annoyed as well but they are also largely powerless.

I just keep thinking...when one door closes - another opens.

Here's hoping...........