Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Last week....This week....!!!!

Well let's just say last week was a shocker for all concerned at work....not only did we have to 'lock up' a fellow officer but on Friday it finished with one of our own staff being stood down. Both boys had been very naughty.....no way I would try and defend either!

This week would be much better......it couldn't get any worse. Well probably not...but it could be just as bad. Today I discovered that some people think that we are all robots and believe we should have no variation in personality/behaviour/attitude or any other human trait. I guess they are bound to be disappointed because we are a reflection of society....last weeks events proved that.

The person I had to deal with was a man who had complained about how some of us (not me I might add...) had treated his son when he was arrested. Fair enough...you have the right and we expect you to defend your children. You can also complain if you believe things have not been done appropriately. I accept that this will happen and sometimes must happen......what I can't accept is that having investigated the complaints and meeting with the upset parent I suddenly find myself having to explain the issues repeatedly when he decides to complain about the exact same things again....and again! I wouldn't mind except for him having accepted the explanations during the first mediation. To top that off he has now chosen to twist my words in an attempt to undermine me to my bosses.....not fair mate! If you don't accept the explanation... then fine!.......we agreed to disagree....in writing no less! Don't take a second bite just because some other agency drops another charge on junior! Yell at them...talk to him.......take a 'chill pill'....just don't screw up my week.....

No comments: