Saturday, October 15, 2005

Quiz Night....

We (that's my wife and I) have just come home from a 'Quiz Night' ...... not 'nite' as some fools insist on enunciating...what is so hard about using English correctly. I'll save that for another day...it is likely to be a long rant...!!! We did not win or even come second...we were fourth...!!! What the f***....we had a table of ten including five Cytologists, a literature and Latin student, a Chi Gung master who also practices white magic, a sports nut who is a national womens hockey player and my wife and I who are both trivia flypaper. It should have been an awesome combination and it was until the final round....it was supposed to be a music round but it was just stupid....the questions were ridiculously obscure and one team was given extra points because two of the girls got up and danced to 'Nutbush City Limits' by Tina Turner....which would have been okay except no one else was included in this strange exercise. That, of course changed the result completely and pushed us well out of the running....although in the end the first prize turned out to be gym membership which was not something any of our team were interested in...we got free 'give away' CD's (you know...the ones no one can sell and they get given away as prizes for crap quiz nights...!!!)

I think I'm sounding just a tad bitter right now........

No comments: